Sunday, May 24, 2009

A New Venture

I would like to try to do some book reviews, so I've removed the idle chit-chat from this blog and will now post reviews here. I've done some reviewing of family materials in the past (for The Family Corner) so I'm not totally new to this. I like to base my reviews around the word "home."

H - Handling: was the book/site laid out in a reader-friendly way; did I find all the info I needed, or was I left scratching my head in frustration?

O - Orientation: was the book/site pleasing to look at; if there is a price involved, is it reasonable; overall, did I want to read further, or did the first page lose me?

M - Modern: does the book/site offer up-to-date info; is it designed for today's reader?

E - Educational: did I learn anything from this book/site; can I teach others (like my children) from the info; what was the take-away?

Until I get some new books to review, I'll post previous reviews here, and I'll do practice reviews of books on my shelves. I hope what I post will be helpful to each of you!

No comments: